Friday 9 December 2022

Big Money ..


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There were two articles about professional writers in the 'paper this week. The first informed me that the average income for a professional author is now around £7,000 a year. Wow, I thought, I can't wait to earn that much! Of course, I don't class my writing as professional, and that's just as well, as my books earned me the grand sum of 82p last month! (The Aston Martin is on hold yet again.) The second item was about writers' book-signing sessions, in which even some of the most famous names in the book-writing world told of events where no-one has come along ..

I take encouragement from an email I had this week from a reader in America. Your story (Page 99, by Joe Bancroft), she said, is entertaining and your writing is both distinctive and interesting. She is now going to order two more copies as Christmas presents for friends. Hey, now that's a good idea. Why don't I give you a helpful link to my website, where you can read all about my books. Hey, why not buy one? Save a writer from the Job-Centre 

(Today's photo, from my archive .. circa 1977) 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment