Monday 14 November 2016

I can only pray ..

Another week, another blog and although there's plenty to write about, my Monday morning news has been overtaken by an email that came in first thing this morning. A pal of mine - we go right back to the Warrington Guardian days, and I left there in 1982!! - has a big meeting this week with the CEO of an American IT company and he's told me he's pitching for me as their UK/Europe website photographer. Now that's exciting! I thought a picture of these 'praying' hands on the cross-Channel ferry would describe my emotions exactly!..

For the first time ever I was asked to shoot some video on a PR job last week. Nothing too taxing, just kids reading from a book wot they wrote (You have to be a Morecambe and Wise fan to get that).
Anyway, despite me being a total believer in 'the still image', I have to admit I enjoyed the experience and got straight online to order a professional microphone for my camera. I know I'm new to the idea of shooting 'movies' at a stills job but I thoroughly expect to nominated for an Oscar any day now ..

I can only pray ..  


No comments:

Post a Comment