Thursday 3 July 2014

Getting it off my chest ..

















Lesley loves to watch programmes about those crazed nutblob kinds who can't throw anything away! 'Hidden Hoarders', 'Obsessive Compulsive Hoarders' .. that kind of thing! Hoarders, anyway! Trouble is, she then goes bananas when she looks at me! She thinks I'm on the way to getting my own show! Hey, it's not my fault I can't throw anything away! Magazines, books, records, t-shirts, cassettes, ticket stubs, my old toy cars and, of course, every single photograph I've ever taken - be it on film, transparency or digital. I just can't throw 'em away! They're too important! This is my history and, whilst I'm still around, I want to wallow in it! Don't get me wrong  .. I'm sure as a regular reader you'll know I'm pretty forward looking .. always searching for new ways to shoot, or new styles of music and so on .. BUT I don't seem to be finding anything that turns me on! I find 'new' photography so plastic and bland, so digitized and desaturatedly lack-lustre. Same with music! So I'm staying here! Circa 1979! It's lovely here! You'd love it!..

Glad I've got that off my chest ..

No comments:

Post a Comment