Tuesday 17 December 2013

Christmas crackers ..













I somehow managed to drink solidly for 9 hours straight yesterday! I must be Christmas crackers! The occasion was the works' 'Office do' which, as a self-employed freelance photographer, involved hitching up with, in this case, four other freelance snappers for a meal and severalteen gallons of mulled wine. Big 'up' to the Deli-Lama cafe in Salford for a delicious Christmas meal (Turkey and all the trimmings in a plate-sized Yorkshire Pud! Oooh, I could just eat it all over again!) and well done to Manchester Christmas Market, which was as glittery, giddy and exciting as ever. The highlight of the day must have been the sight of five professional photographers fumbling with each others' compact cameras and trying to get the flashes to work as we all took photographs of each other taking photographs of each other .. if you see what I mean! Good news of the day was that we're all still managing to make a living as said professionals .. and the shock of the day was when one of the guys came out as gay and told me he'd fancied me for years! How's that for a Christmas surprise!...

No comments:

Post a Comment