Monday 16 December 2013

Boring Old Fart Blog ..

It pains me to say it but, as of last Saturday, I am an ex gig-goer! I quit! I've had enough! I mean, look at this. This was my view of Saturday's gig at Manchester Academy 2. Somewhere out there was Kurt Vile! I know he was there 'cos I could hear him, even above the sounds of everyone talking to their mates all around me and, to be honest, I did catch the odd glimpse of him as I was continually shoved physically sideways by one trog after another trying to get to the bar. There was just no enjoyment whatsoever in any part of the experience. Man, even the music was boring! So that's it! No more gigs for me - well, until May, but that's a different story! Jeez! Is it my age, or the fact that it was so much more fun 'in the old days'? Ah, the old days! Yes, that brings me to that gig next May. I've got my ticket and I'm all fired up to go! It's for Charlie Harper's Seventieth birthday! The lead singer of one of my favourite bands, the UK Subs, is 70! I think we can safely say that he ain't no boring old fart ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment