Friday 12 July 2013

Oh, my! ..















Two ladies walked past the studio yesterday. They'd obviously just met up after a long time. "Oh, my .." said one to the other "Sounds like you have a lot of things to tell me!"

Oh, my? When did you last hear someone say 'Oh, my'..? Mind you, 'Oh, my' is exactly what I was thinking after a chat with a lady at the corporate 'do' I was shooting on Tuesday. She told me that her grand-daughter had just graduated in photography after a three and half year degree course, and the only job she could get was as a Schools Photographer! Oh, my! I mean, no disrespect to Schools Photographers (!) but it's not exactly worth all that study now, is it?

And, oh my, I've just read that Nokia are bringing out a phone with a 41 meg camera in it! The theory is, it says here, that the resolution is so good that people basically only need to randomly aim their camera .. oops, sorry .. phone! .. at a subject, and be able to pull out the relevant, needed, part of the shot at a later date. A bit like the chap who stopped at my studio the other day who, on seeing that I did portraits, took out his phone and said "I'll show you a good photo, mate!.." It was a picture of his daughter, in a swimming pool, about 40 yards away! Sigh! One day soon it'll dawn on all the darling punters that technology doth not maketh a photographer. Oh me, oh my ..it doth not!

#culchethportraitstudio - www.studiofivefour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment