Wednesday 10 July 2013

How to get a head in photography! ..








Seemed simple enough! Get a shot of Saul, without a smile, for his new passport! Fine, except nobody told Saul, so we had a great laugh yesterday when I shot the first passport photographs in my new studio. Look at this fab range of expressions and fun .. you don't get that when you go to a photo-booth, do you? Funnily enough, I also took a head shot for an American Visa and when I got back to the Mac ... aha, that's when the fun started! The sizes needed for the two images were completely different. The Yanks want a two-inch square photo, with the size of the head being one to one and three-eighths inches within the frame. The Brit pic was 45 millimetres, with a head size between 29 and 34mm! Cripes, it took me flippin' ages! Still, the templates are made now, and I'm up and running, ready for the mass rush for passports!

I shot a corporate PR soirée yesterday lunchtime, too. It was in one of the venues for the Manchester International Festival, The Glass House, and yes, it did live up to its name, but at least I was in shorts and sandals and not suit and tie like half the guests! Funnily enough, I've always shot summer Weddings in 'cool' clothing - with the permission of the bride, of course - but the summers have been so useless lately that asking if I can wear shorts hasn't even registered on my radar! My knobbly knees at a Wedding? Now there's a passport to glory ...

www.studiofivefour.com
#culchethportraitphotography

No comments:

Post a Comment