Tuesday 9 July 2013

Don't hang about ..


















My Dad would have been 80 today! Flippin' 'eck! Happy Birthday, you old fart! He was very often the 'model' whenever I wanted to try out a new piece of camera equipment or practice with my portraiture. Not a reluctant model, either .. as you can see! I'm reminded of a sign above the bar in the Brown Cow, where we used to drink. It said 'Old age is a privilege denied to many'. I'm not trying to be drippy here, but I suppose all I'm saying is that life is precious, and it's got to be lived to the full ..

Don't hang about ..

Did you see Count Arthur Strong on the box last night? Steve Delaney's a comedian who's managed to turn blundering old age into the most hilarious of situations! For the first time in ages I was wiping tears of laughter from my eyes. I wonder what my Dad would have made of it? ..


No comments:

Post a Comment