Wednesday 13 March 2013

Stuck in the past...

"I'm off to Cheltenham on Thursday.." I said to the lads at badminton last night "Oh, yes?.." they nodded "Off to the races, are you?" .... Oh, bugger! The one day I have to go down there and the bloomin' Gold Cup's on! Never mind, I'm shooting furniture - it's going nowhere - so I'll get there when I get there and that's the end of it! I have to admit, though, that when I do get stuck in a jam I can't help but get a little smug. "These guys have to do this every day" .. I say to myself as I swap CDs "These guys spend half their lives in traffic! How awful!.." and I smile 'cos it is rather nice, in a scary kinda way, to think that I haven't actually had to go to work since 1978!

Tell you what, when I am swapping CDs in the morning I won't be putting on the new one by Johnny Marr. My copy arrived yesterday - eagerly awaited, of course - but what a disappointment it is! What dreary mush, what over-hyped drivel. Same as the new album by Everything Everything! I'm afraid they just don't do it for me and so it seems that, despite my best efforts I am, just like all these cars from my archive, well and truly stuck in the past!!...

No comments:

Post a Comment