Saturday 16 March 2013

Maier may not!....



















I shot this yesterday afternoon, and threw it straight into my 'Seen' project on Flickr. Pretty wild, isn't it? Makes you wonder what you're actually looking at! (Answers in the comments section, please!) I did a double-take myself yesterday when I logged on to look at a new sale of Vivian Maier prints at a gallery in London. They're going from £1, 300 upwards! Limited Editions of 15 prints! So ok, I won't be owning one of those any time soon! I hate all that art world snobbery of the limited edition. What does it matter if you buy the first or the 3 millionth in a run of prints. Unless you only print ONE of anything then every single other print is a copy, and you might as well shove 'em on your website for a tenner each! Oh, cue commercial break. Hey, wanna buy one of my unlimited edition Twelve for '13 prints? The nearest I get to four figures with these mamas is if I put in the decimal point! £15.00? Bargain!...

No comments:

Post a Comment