Thursday 28 March 2013

Born again..



















The resurrection! The re-birth! No, not Easter, but the fact that Jessops has been brought back to life by that Dragon's Den dude off the telly! Today sees him open 30 or so of the camera shops back on the high street in a relaunch not many saw coming. His strategy? Sell the goods in the shops at the same price people can buy 'em from the internet! Radical, eh? However, if you're a blog regular, you'll know that I myself witnessed at first hand the ridiculous approach that got Jessops in all that trouble in the first place. I went to buy a Fuji X10 from their Warrington store and was told, after I'd had a good look at it and decided I wanted one, to go home and order it from the 'net as it would be £50 cheaper! Not only that, I could come back to the store and collect it! Work that one out! So, here's hoping Dragon's Den can work its Easter magic on the brand, and Jessops turns out to be an all-round good egg after all!

Technical note : Today's picture, a charming portrait of one of the new twins in our family (No, I don't know which one!) was shot on the aforementioned X10, set to f2 and super-macro. Now go out and get a life, why don't you!..

No comments:

Post a Comment