Tuesday 11 December 2012

Over the moon...













Caught some sport over the weekend. Took me right back to the time we used to huddle round the 'box' at four o'clock of a Saturday afternoon. You know that sport where grown men drop to the floor, writhing in pain? The one go where they go flying through the air, the more artistically the better? The one where shouting at the ref's as much a part of the game as tackling one another?

No, not tag-team wrestling .. football!

I caught some of the Manchester derby on Saturday although, as Withnail and I might say, it was by accident! I didn't mean to start watching Match of the Day and although at first I thought I'd gone back on my vow not to deliberately watch a game this season, I was actually glad I saw some of the match, as it made me realise I am not missing a thing! These days a football game to me seems like 90 minutes of cheating, fakery and fawning, pathetic idol-worship.
Oh, and coin-throwing!
Nice!


No comments:

Post a Comment