Thursday 13 December 2012

Livin' off the wall...



















Oh, I do love a good project, and there's plenty to keep me busy over the coming winter months! First of all I am so, so close to finishing off my archive! Man, it's taken months, but it's looking fantastic and I'm managing to get it all done just in time for my next undertaking - a solo exhibition in Eccles in January. Alongside that, and very excitingly, I've been invited to be one of the 'core participants' in a new creative undertaking at a gallery in Altrincham!

So, the details...

Well, my archive is looking like it'll be at least 875 pictures strong, including this one of the frozen shadow of an old Ford Cortina in about 1980. Topical, eh? I'm gearing up to hopefully make a new book, or get an exhibition together of some of the best of the shots, though I've been working on it so long that I almost feel sad I'm nearing the end of this part of the project! However, the next assignment calls, and that will be a month-long exhibition at Eccles Community Art Gallery from mid-January. The gallery's based in an old shop in the precinct and I'm being given the whole place to myself. I'm going to show a large number of shots of 'old' Eccles, similar to the exhibition I had for the library's 100th anniversary a few years back, and I'm hoping to run workshops on Saturday mornings, too, so watch this space! There'll be a local writer getting involved, too, and maybe even a couple of actors! Ooooh....

Thirdly, as I said, I'm going to be taking part in a forthcoming shoot and exhibition at a gallery called Local Creation, in Altrincham. We're all getting together next week to mash out the plans over a glass or two of mulled wine, and I'll let you know how that goes once it's all sorted.

Wow! Exciting! Life ain't so bad at all, if you live it off the wall...


No comments:

Post a Comment