Wednesday 5 October 2011

New foundations...




















So, it's time for the Tories to 'up sticks' today and buzz off from our quaint Northern town again. I heard at least one of 'em talking about how surprised he was to see the sun shining in Manchester! Oh, how we laughed! Grrrr! And I love the fact that David Cameron will today tell us to "pay off our credit cards" So how does he expect...

Ooops! Got a bit distracted there! Anyway, after Sunday's little TUC demo, here's another dip into my archive and a look at a more pleasant march through our 'town'. That lad will be nudging forty years old by now, I reckon, and look at the old Marks and Spencer building behind him. Remember that? Pre-bomb? Well, I once stood right at the bottom of the huge hole they dug when they knocked down the damaged building. Some 'big-wig' had come up from M&S to ceremonially dig the first spadeful of the new store. I excitedly asked just what would be on this exact spot when the new building went up. "Oh, nowt.." said the gaffer "This is just the foundation for the crane!"..

No comments:

Post a Comment