Tuesday 4 October 2011

My perfect cousin...















Feargal Sharkey, and Mike Batt... in the same room! (As well as Martyn Lewis, Eric Pickles and erm, Lord somebody or other...!) I was covering an intimate little soiree last night in Cloud 23, the Bar up on the 23rd floor of Manchester's Hilton Hotel, as part of the Conservative Party Conference, and who should be hosting it but one of my all-time punk heroes (And Feargal Sharkey was there, too.. ho, ho!)
What a lovely man he is! Mike Batt, I mean, not Feargal! He sang a couple of little ditties at the old Joanna, and then still had time for a few shots and a chat with me before he buzzed off for dinner. I then spent the rest of the night trying to get rid of a weird re-mix in my head ..  'Remember you're a Womble v Mars Bar.." and if you don't know those songs then you are YOUNG!!

Any road up.. WOW! A massive thank you to everyone that read my Blog yesterday. All records smashed (Speaking of old music! Ha ha!) as I had almost 200 hits on the page yesterday, courtesy of some generous tweeting and a concerted email effort. I just hope one or two of you stay with it as I travel the road of a professional photographer! Now then, must go say Hi to Madame Cholet!...

No comments:

Post a Comment