Thursday 6 October 2011

Mine's an Apple, Mac..

















I was going to write about Graham Nash today, but Steve Jobs died overnight so I thought I'd say a word in his honour. I love Apple, and I've never used or owned a PC. In fact, I'm typing this on an Imac, listening to music on my Ipod! Yep, I'm a Mac man through and through, and all because of Steve Jobs' genius! RIP Steve!
Now, on the subject of technology a good pal of mine, a reporter who I began to work with way back in 1980, is the IT writer on the FT in SF - the Financial Times in San Francisco. I dug out this photograph of Chris, on the left, in the early days of his hi-tech research -ie: drinking bitter and playing Space Invaders in a Manchester disco! At the time it seemed we were all just idling away our evenings getting drunk and playing computer games, but now I like to think that myself and John, the other pal in the picture, were pivotal in helping Chris get on the ladder of success!
Actually, I will write about Graham Nash. You know? As in Graham Nash of The Hollies, and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young. That Graham Nash! I met him last night at the opening of his new photographic exhibition in Manchester. I won't say what I think of his work, other than to say he does a lot better job as a musician, but I will say what I thought of his attitude. I was telling him I'd met Mike Batt and Feargal Sharkey earlier in the week. Guess what.. he's never heard of either of them! What? Never heard of..    "I was too busy doing my own thing, man!" he said. Well, 'scuse us all for breathing, Graham!

No comments:

Post a Comment