Thursday 20 October 2011

Should have gone to...




















K, V, T, F, Y .. No problems. Sixth line down and all's looking good at the optician's yesterday. Jeezo! This is easy! "Hm! Read this now.." says the optician, shoving a white card under my nose. There is but a fuzzy whirl in front of my eyes! Er........  

Mr Specsaver drops in his killer line. "Ah!.." he says "That's pretty normal at your time of life!.."

Eeeek! I'm officially old! The optician's just as good as told me! I've joined the ranks of the 'lift up yer specs to read close-ups' brigade! It must have snuck up on me whilst I wasn't looking (Ho ho!) and now I can't even remember how long I've been shoving my glasses on top of my head to change my camera settings! (Maybe I've got dementia, too?) Oh, well... at least I saved £300 on my car insurance this year. I've joined SAGA, the Over-50's organisation. Just got to get the tennis elbow sorted now.....

The photograph? My brother James, all togged up for a fancy dress party in 1977, the year of the Queen's Jubilee. Can I have my glasses back now please, James?

No comments:

Post a Comment