Wednesday 19 October 2011

Hit me!...
















Did I mention I'd gone to see Wilko Johnson the other week? Hm! Must have forgotten, what with blathering on about photography all the time! Anyway I did and, fab as he was, I'm afraid I just couldn't take my eyes off "Wilko's secret weapon" - the bass player Norman Watt-Roy. (He used to play in the Blockheads, with Ian Dury, if you want an inkling of his fab bass riffs. Think 'Hit me with your rhythm stick'!) Man! The guy is absolutely amazing! I have never seen anyone sweat from their elbows before!
I hate the expression 110 percent.. but that's what he gives when he goes on stage. Awesome! Anyway, I don't really shoot music photography these days, but I couldn't resist at this gig, and dropped the speed on my little compact and spun it round to emulate Norman's movement for this shot from the front of the stage. See, I knew I'd get the subject round to photography again!

No comments:

Post a Comment