Friday 30 November 2018

Time of the month ..














A tradition of mine at this time of year is to play 'Alice's Song' by The Passions.
Oh, why's that, Martin? Glad you asked. It's because the opening line is 'A cold winter's day, in late November'. See what I did there?..

The Passions are another of those bands who are seen to have been one-hit wonders - their 'hit' being 'I'm in love with a German Film Star' which came out .. holy shit!! .. almost 38 years ago. But they were such a good band beyond that one track, and I play their three albums regularly. I also, as you can see, photographed them way back in the day, and I often wonder what the musicians are all doing now. Clare Grogan's voice was beautiful, and it's such a shame not to hear it anymore ..

Tomorrow I'll reach back to 'B' in my alphabetically-filed records. It'll be time for Kate Bush and her song from the same period, 'December will be magic again'. A pal of mine 'accuses' me of being stuck in the 1980s. Perhaps I am but, do you know what? I like it it here. I'm staying ..


No comments:

Post a Comment