Thursday 25 August 2016

Talk proper ..
















I tweeted a photograph yesterday featuring, in the caption, the words "won't be long 'til .." and it pulled me up short. Do people still use 'til as an abbreviation of until or has that, like a lot of things, gone by the board?..

For example, when did it become popular to say there's instead of there are?
There's lots of gold medal winners in Team GB. No, there isn't, there are! ..

I had a note from a young lady this week after she'd seen a photograph I'd taken of a little baby.
"Aw .." she wrote "How cute" .. except Aw was spelt Or ..

And don't get me started on the number of people who start a sentence with "So .."
What has the word So got to do with anything? Still, at least it takes my mind off the number of people who still end a sentence by making their voice go higher at the end???

Talk proper!!!...

Oh, I forgot one. I'll tell you but only if your interested. See what I did there?

No comments:

Post a Comment