Wednesday 24 August 2016

The boy who missed Next Year ..



















Well, this is all very exciting! I've set a launch date to self-publish the book I've written. I know I'm not exactly in JK Rowling territory but it's now been rejected by the grand total of 28 publishers since April so I've decided to just get it out there on Amazon Kindle and see what happens ..

It's a whopper of a book - currently bobbling along at over 221, 000 words - which is why I've decided I'm going to launch it in two 'sections'. Part One will be available from the 30th of September.

Anyway, for the one or two of you who asked about it when I blogged it before .. you now know the title .. The boy who missed Next Year. It's the fruit of my labours over many a year. I actually had the idea, and began to write it, way back in the early 90s and still have the original typewritten pages, replete with Tippex splodges and lots of scribbling out. I picked up the ropes again about six years ago and it's taken me until now to finally have it ready to hit the world ..

It's an adventure story, aimed at older teens and young adults, although I'd like to think it'll appeal to people of all ages. So, wish me luck and let's go for it.
Fancy putting it on your Christmas list?..

No comments:

Post a Comment