Friday 29 April 2016

The write stuff ..












If you follow me on Twitter you'll know I've just finished writing a book. It's a Children's Adventure Story and I started it way back in the 1990s - so far back, in fact, that the original pages are actually all written on my old typewriter, replete with lots of xxxx and Tippex! After only a couple of chapters it got put to one side and lay in a draw until I picked it up again about 6 years ago. It's taken me until now to finally type those magical words - The End !

I can't tell you how good it was to finally finish it, and rather amusing to relate that I didn't realise I had a word and page count on my Mac, so imagine my shock when, last week, I found out I'd written over 221, 000 words - spanning over 533 pages! Gulp!..

I've already submitted my manuscript to several publishers and it's only now that I feel like a proper writer. I've had my first rejection!..


No comments:

Post a Comment