Wednesday 4 May 2016

Tim Bacon ..













Amidst all the news of celebrities dropping dead came the news last week that famous Manchester restaurateur Tim Bacon had passed away from cancer. A pal of mine, who photographed him many times, described him on Facebook thus ...
"Lovely bloke who saw the value in using photography and the press to help grow his vision"

Well, I can only concur, with apologies for my late tribute. (I knew I had this cutting somewhere but could I find it?) I had to photograph Tim, pictured here on the left, for a business magazine about five years BD (Before digital!) He'd opened a venue called 'The Living Room' - a magnet for local footballers and the like - and my idea was for us to take a sofa out onto Deansgate (Living room? Geddit?) and have him pose with his business partner. Did he go for the idea? You betcha and, not only that, he took out two bottles of pink champagne and the pair of them drank the lot!..

Cheers to a good 'un ..

No comments:

Post a Comment