Tuesday 26 April 2016

Back in time ..


















I learnt yesterday that one of my photographs is being used as the advertising image for a play written by Victoria Wood, currently being performed at the New Vic Theatre in Newcastle-under-Lyme. How poignant ..

The shot, shown here and taken circa 1979, is one of the few colour shots in my early archive which, by sheer coincidence, I was trawling through yesterday in preparation for a talk I gave last night to a camera club near here. I'm pleased to say it went down very well and already - it's 9.30am as I write this - an email has gone out to the club members stating " .. it was a fun evening and Martin proved to be a fascinating speaker with a remarkable career story spanning people and places from the streets of Eccles and Manchester in the early '70s (historic images!) through Prime Ministers, Corrie characters and the Hacienda Club .... right through to Ayers Rock and the Twin Towers!.."

Please get in touch if you'd like to hear the talk ..

No comments:

Post a Comment