Tuesday 6 October 2015

To America ..













Well, I know where I'll be next December. I'll be in Boston, USA ..

I was delighted yesterday to be invited to shoot a Wedding there next Winter. A chap who was the Best Man at a Wedding I photographed here moved over there last year, and has just got engaged to his lovely American girlfriend. He emailed to ask if I'd consider shooting their Big Day and - after 0.2 milliseconds consideration - I said Yes! How exciting!..

It's been a while since I've been to The States, although I used to visit frequently when .. well, when I had more money! I once flew to Detroit on an airline's inaugural flight just because the tickets were so cheap .. but when it dawned on me that that flight would only be about two weeks after returning from New York I had to come up with a reason for going back to America. I came up with the idea of a fund-raising challenge, whereby I'd spend an entire week travelling on Greyhound Buses and see how many cities I could visit. Folks, I got to 27 .. and it took my backside another four weeks to get over the numbness! I think I'll be in for an easier ride next year ...

No comments:

Post a Comment