Wednesday 21 October 2015

Back to the future ..















Apparently today is 'Back to the future' day - the day to which, in the film, Marty McFly chose to travel to from 1985. I only have to flit back to April to bring you today's Blog Shot, a picture of me and the famous DeLorean car, which I was photographing on a PR shoot over in Knutsford. Martin McFly strikes again..

If you want to get all dreamy and wispy about it, I actually spent a lot of yesterday helping people plan for the future. Namely, I was taking photographs of children at a pre-school group, capturing the images that will travel on in time as a reminder of how they were in 2015. Well, it's what photography's all about, isn't it? And, if you want to talk about time, I can tell you honestly it's taken me over two years to reach the stage of being invited to photograph these children! When I opened my studio I contacted every school, nursery and playgroup I could find in the local area to tell them about my services, and got absolutely nowhere! Not one contact - and I'm talking about 40 organisations here - opted to try me out. Well, boo hoo for me, but you can imagine how pleased I was when the ladies from yesterday's group got in touch with me to ask if I'd be interested in going in. Will this lead on to other work? Only time will tell..

No comments:

Post a Comment