Wednesday 16 September 2015

The Few ..















Kind of appropriate that last night, on the 75th anniversary of The Battle of Britain, I turned left into Churchill Way and drove down to the Imperial War Museum North on Salford Quays. I wasn't there on any sentimental remembrance jaunt, though - I was working on a PR job. Among the things I photographed was an old Harrier Jump Jet that, high above people's heads, is used as a backdrop for corporate events. Companies' logos get rather spectacularly projected onto the underside of the fuselage as a scene-setter for their forthcoming swanky dinner..

On Saturday I'll be down at Southport's annual Air Show, oohing and aahing at the many and various jets and choppers and 'magnificent flying machines' whizzing around for our enjoyment - The Spitfire among them. As we commemorate the bravery of 'The Few' I hope I take a moment to remember what the 'real' job of all these aircraft was...

No comments:

Post a Comment