Thursday 6 August 2015

Colour me bad ..













It's happening, it definitely is! I'm succumbing more and more to the world of 'unreal' colour - the photoshopped landscape where white is yellow and true skin tones have gone out the window! I can't help it! I'm surrounded! I haven't got a chance! I can't watch a film now, or an ad on the box, or look at another Wedding photographer's website without being wrapped in false colour, and it's starting to rub off!..

When digital photography came into my world I used to fret for hours about skin tones and true whites - still do - but now, hey .. no sweat, I can just just throw a Lightroom preset over a shot and .. Ta Daaaa.... instant fix! I guess false colours have just become so ubiquitous that we all now accept them. Certainly the younger generation does, what with Instagram and filters on their phones. A young girl of about eight years old, in the studio for a passport, asked me the other day if I could do 'Pop Art'! She wanted a 'Hockney' type presentation of her images, along the lines of the kind of things she can do simply on her own mobile! What a modern world we live in ..

Anyway, presets are in for me now and I just bought a whole raft of them from Ebay yesterday. Not sure about some of the names of the filters though. Bad Romance? Killer Love? Emotional Blue? I might like the effect but I think I'd better keep the names away from the brides when I give 'em their images ..    

No comments:

Post a Comment