Friday 15 May 2015

What Joy! ..
















Well, it's all getting very exciting around here!..

The next few days are the 'Big Ones' as far as Joy Division is concerned, with two Open Days for my exhibition before Monday night's .. Big Gig!

If you're not aware of it, May 18th will be the 35th anniversary of the death of Joy Division lead singer Ian Curtis, and Peter Hook - aka, as you can see, my bezzy mate Hooky - the former bassist of the band will, with his new group The Light, play every Joy Division song at a gig for charity in a Macclesfield church. I'm one of only four or five photographers being allowed to shoot the gig and it's been arranged for me to shoot a few frames from backstage to replicate a couple of shots I took when I photographed the band in 1979..

Those shots are up at Charles Roe House in Macc until June 28th and this Sunday and Monday there'll be Open Afternoons for fans who'll be flocking into the town for the event. I've already had one long and very pleasant chat with - and arranged to meet - a guy who's coming over from Denver, Colorado just for the gig!..

Oh, and don't let me forget I've got a Wedding to shoot on Saturday, too! What joy ..

No comments:

Post a Comment