Thursday 14 May 2015

Silly old Mayor ..














One of my PR jobs for next week has had the time changed because the local Mayor has decided he'd like to attend. Amusingly, once the new time was confirmed, I then received another email from the PR company involved. Attached was a leaflet explaining the protocol for .. addressing the Mayor! Now I'm all for people being helpful but I couldn't resist replying to the young lady who'd sent me the info. "You do know.." I politely posited "That I've been photographing Mayors since 1977!!.."

Actually, it would have been useful if she'd been able to send me the stuff way back when, as this shot of me in 1979 reminded me of one of my earliest newspaper memories. No more than a week or two into my press photography career I was hauled into the editor's office as there'd been a complaint made against me. The Mayor of Trafford  - the one before this dapper chap - had objected to me asking if he'd wear a Manchester United scarf. I wouldn't mind, but the shot was of him collecting for charity outside Old Trafford! You can guess how I wanted to address him, after that!..

No comments:

Post a Comment