Wednesday 27 May 2015

Hooky & Peely and the passage of time ..



















Back to Macc today to put up a selection of shots from last Monday's Peter Hook gig. They'll compliment the Bowdon Vale photographs perfectly, and it's lovely to be able to span 36 years of a guy's career in the space of a few photographs. I hope the shots will please the many fans who weren't able to get tickets to the event..

Thirty six years ago the Radio One DJ John Peel was in his prime and, to my delight, I've just found out that there are entire shows of his available to download. As I sit here now I'm listening to a show from 1980, replete with weird music, wacky music and superb music ..  all interspersed with Peely's droll observations and introductions. Takes me right back! When I worked for the Warrington Guardian I was invariably still busy in the darkroom until 11 and 12 at night, so would always listen to John's shows as I printed my photographs. I find it delicious that I can, once again, work on my photographs as I listen to John Peel. A great way to pass the time ..


No comments:

Post a Comment