Tuesday 24 March 2015

You live and learn ..



















My ever-so-clever IT dude has advised me to make up some pages on my website for specific venues I've photographed. Peckforton Castle, Willington Hall, Styal Lodge etc., etc... and it's whilst I was making a page for Worsley Court House that I remembered a funny thing that happened there..

I'd arrived at the venue and was shooting prelim stuff like the groom greeting guests and so on, and a couple of young musicians began to set up at the back of the room. Soon the violin and cello were being put through their paces as the lads tuned up and got their fingers limber. I thought it a little odd that, when they were chatting to the groom, he seemed to have no idea which tune had been chosen to be played as the bride entered the room but, as luck would have it, the bride and groom had decided to walk down the aisle together, so the groom was waiting at the back of the room when the bride arrived. She took one look at the musicians and said .. "Who are you?" The poor lads had arrived at the venue a day early, and packed up their gear with blazing red faces! Unfortunately, my suggestion that they carried on playing fell on deaf ears but there you go. They were young and inexperienced, but I'll bet they won't be making that mistake again ..

No comments:

Post a Comment