Friday 20 March 2015

Keep your eye out ..



















Well it's here! The big day has arrived, and I'm so lucky I'm able to stay at home this morning. We're finally having an Ikea delivery after a three week wait!..

I hope this momentous event doesn't get in the way of my astronomical observations!
Yes, folks .. not long now until the real big event of the morning, and I've already got my safety measures in place. I'll be watching the eclipse through a bottle of Cripple Cock Scrumpy, safe in the knowledge that, by the end of the display, my retinas may be intact but I might have a little trouble with the double vision!..

Actually, I might just watch the transit like everybody else and put the bottle back in the cupboard. After all, it is just a little bit past its sell-by date! It's a souvenir from 1999, the last time we had an eclipse in the UK, when I went down to Cornwall to watch it on my birthday! It was cloudy ..

So, enjoy it .. and keep your eye out for that delivery van, will ya?..

Blog Update!!

Well, that was bloody brilliant! Ikea's been and so has the eclipse!! If anything, the cloud cover we got actually aided in the viewing of the moon's transit, 'cos I couldn't find my old 'eclipse' glasses and started off watching the event through five layers of some of my coloured photography gels! When's the next one? 2016? See you then. I'll keep an eye out ..










No comments:

Post a Comment