Wednesday 25 March 2015

Hands on ..










I was covering a kind of corporate PR 'head-to-head' meeting yesterday, with lots of companies informally chatting with people needing advice about business. It was really lively and interesting and even I gave out a few business cards to people who I thought I might be able to work with in the future. Thing is, as I was photographing around the room, I began to notice just how much people were using their hands to communicate and, before I knew it, I'd started to shoot all this incredible, fast-moving action. It was amazing just how almost everyone involved their hands in their communicating, and I wondered if I was actually photographing a disappearing skill. I thought it was kind of sad that kids today only use their hands to text. Will we one day, I wonder, live in a world where everyone does everything via a screen? Where face-to-face is on Skype and conversational subtlety is lost with the wrong use of a 'lol' or a 'wtf'? Hm! Not the kind of world I want to live in. I like real people to have a hand in my life ..

No comments:

Post a Comment