Monday 2 February 2015

Funky ..













Busy, busy! In just the last three days I've shot 943 pr images at an Awards Dinner in Manchester, 439 head-shots in the studio for an aspiring actress - sorry actor .. can't say actress anymore! - and 237 pictures of houses for a local estate agent. And Manchester Wedding Photography has taken enquiries from five newly-engaged couples at a Wedding Fayre I attended yesterday! I am, ladies and gentlemen, taking this afternoon off!..

I can't stop playing Kraftwerk! There was a film about the band on TV on Friday and I'm afraid their music's all I've listened to ever since. Trans-Europe Express is playing as I type! I remember buying the Autobahn LP when I was about 15, and being completely hypnotized by this fantastically wondrous, exotic brain drill .. and I've loved them ever since. Must say though, I never got the connection to Black American Funk music before! (It was in the programme!) A musical highlight of my life was seeing them at The Manchester Velodrome - the British Olympic Cycling Team zipping around the track to the thud of 'Tour de France'.. Mein Gott!

Anyway, what's that got to do with photography? Nowt, as they say in Salford, but it's officially my afternoon off. I can write what I like! Funky ..


No comments:

Post a Comment