Tuesday 3 February 2015

Cliffhanger ..










Two shots of The Cliff for you today, from back when I wore the hat of Press Photographer! That's the Cliff - the old training ground for Manchester United - and some wannabe pop poodle from days gone by! Actually, I shouldn't joke .. I do have some Cliff Richard records in my collection. Wired for sound is ace!
Anyway, I digress...

The shot of Sir Cliff was just a one-off when he came to plug his show at The Palace Theatre in Manchester, but I used to go to the old training ground in Salford quite often. Not for the football, obviously - despite being named Martin O'Neill I wouldn't say photographing football is my forté - but for the goings-on around the team back in the '80s and early '90s. I remember having to dash there when United sacked Ron Atkinson in '86, and I got an exclusive photo-session there with Roy Keane when he signed for the team in '93. Going off the character of some football players, I thought the sign in today's shot was rather amusing..

Anyway, that's it! End of blog! No cliff-hangers today ..

No comments:

Post a Comment