Wednesday 4 February 2015

A dear 'do' ...













A football agent was on the television yesterday saying he didn't think footballers were paid enough! What? Erm, Earth to Agent, earth to agent, over!! Mind you, this photography mullarkey's getting expensive, too!..

I was photographing an awards event last week and, in one of the rooms, I noticed a rather unpleasant smell - sort of burning plastic. Thing is, when I went to another room the smell was still there. Yes folks, it was my flashgun, literally in melt-down! It stopped working about half-way through the evening. This flash has gone to heaven, as The Pixies never sang!..

Next day, time to shop for a replacement in a process that has become altogether too familiar over the past few months. Since October I've had to buy a new wireless flash trigger system, a new 18-200 zoom lens, a new light stand, a replacement 35mm lens, this SB-900 flash and an entire new camera body! It's been a bit of a dear do, it has! I'll bloody need to be on footballers' wages if this keeps on!.. 

The picture? Taken in Man U's changing rooms on a pr shoot when I was following some foreign visitors around. No idea how old the image is but I just checked up and Ronaldo left the team six years ago. Probably needed more money ..

No comments:

Post a Comment