Wednesday 28 January 2015

Bum, bum ..













Sorry, I'm turning into an exhibition bore here - yawn - but I just need to tell you some good news from yesterday. I had a meeting with a lovely lady from a place called Incubation Arts in Macclesfield, who gave me the green light for a new exhibition of my Joy Division photographs there in May and June. It's great news, although I kinda did a double take when she mentioned it would tie in with the 35th anniversary of the death of lead singer Ian Curtis. What a shock! So that's ten years already since I decided to show the work to mark the 25th anniversary!! Crikey!..

There's a blackboard set up for comments at my - zzz - 'Made in Eccles' exhibition at the People's History Museum in Manchester. I was delighted when, on the very first day, a tourist wrote 'Botev Plovdic' on it with a cheeky little border drawn around. Nice, I thought! I hope that's something good, I thought! Turns out it's the name of a bloody football team in Bulgaria! Hmm..

Anyway, that made me laugh, and so did going to the loo last week during a shoot - I apologise for the sheer glamour of the job here - at a bathroom fittings supplier near Blackburn. The toilet seat was broken! Bum, bum!..

No comments:

Post a Comment