Thursday 2 October 2014

Party like it's 1978 ..



















Well, happy anniversary to me! Out of the blue I've received a 'Congratulations' message from a pal on LinkedIn. "Impressive.." he says! Oh, thanks very much, but what is? Well, it seems LinkedIn's doing a little bit of PR for me, and has flagged up the fact that this month marks my 36th anniversary as a professional photographer. Ah, I'd forgotten about that! Yes, it's my anniversary! Not quite sure of the actual day now but one fine morn in October 1978 saw me nervously enter the doors of the Sale and Altrincham Messenger to begin my career as a 'real' photographer! I actually think it was a Thursday too, and I remember that, by the Saturday, I was the proud owner of a green Honda 50 motorbike - hadn't taken my driving test, see - and had already photographed the Captain of Manchester United and been complained about by the Mayor of Trafford for asking him to wear a football scarf! Beneath his dignified position, you see! Happy days! Oh, well, here's to the next thirty-six!! I mean, come on, I'll only be 90! Party, party ..


No comments:

Post a Comment