Tuesday 28 January 2014

The Generation Game ..


















Bloody hell, here's a first!..

In 1984 I was invited over to Northern Ireland to photograph a Wedding. Hilda and Kenny! Lovely couple and I think I shot it on a Mamiya 645. Well, I've just been asked if I'll go over again to photograph the Wedding of ... their daughter! OMG! Have I been shooting that long?..

Of course I'm delighted, naturally, and it's all I can do to stop myself nipping over on the Stranraer ferry for a quick dress-rehearsal! (I'm joking, of course! I'd actually go from Liverpool!..) It's incredible, though, to think I'd already been a professional photographer for six years by the time I shot Danielle's parents' Wedding - two of those as a freelance - and though I wouldn't have been able to imagine this far ahead, it's wonderful to think I'm still a photographer in 2014! But photographing the daughter of one of 'my brides' .. astonishing! Can't wait to drop that into the conversation the next time a bride-to-be asks me "Done this long?..."

PS: Today's photograph? Aw, I just loved the generational theme to today's blog, and couldn't resist this shot of my Mum with my sister Catherine! I actually photographed Catherine's Wedding as well -  way over 25 years ago - and she herself now has two strapping lads in their 20s. I'm guessing my Dad took the shot ..  'cos I'd have been about four!






No comments:

Post a Comment