Monday 27 January 2014

Pound for pound ..


















I met a lovely couple on Saturday who decided, there and then, to book me as their Wedding Photographer. It was delightful! They didn't question the price, the package .. anything! They liked my work and know what it will cost to get it! I can't wait to be their photographer at Mottram Hall later this year!..

I mention this because it seems that everything in the Wedding World is apparently up for price negotiation these days! "What can you do it for?.." is all I seem to hear lately, and that's the subject of one of my favourite YouTube videos of all time, a video about people who want everything but don't want to pay for it! Check it out here ..

The thing is, I literally had to deal with that approach last week. A chap made an enquiry about his Wedding Photography, and told me in detail what it was he wanted from his photographer. I priced it up and emailed him back. "Hmmm..." he mused "Bit out of our price range! What can you do it for?.." Well, seeing as I'd just told him, it was a little grating to get a reply like that but, being the lovely, accomodating snapper that I am, I offered him a slighter smaller package - a package without any photography in the evening. It brought the price down quite a bit! Did he book? Did he heck! "You don't seem to understand.." he said "Getting pictures of the First Dance is very important to us!"

Well, pay for it then, dude! Just pay for it... 




No comments:

Post a Comment