Friday 24 January 2014

Whatever floats your boat ..



















A well-known Garden Centre near me has just launched its annual amateur photographic competition. The entries will be hung in the centre's restaurant to be judged by the public and the winner will get a £50 voucher to spend in the store and a framed print of .. er, their own photograph! Eh? Call that a prize? Oooh, what a lovely photograph, but where have I seen that before?...

Let's not mock, though I can see that's going to have the rainbows and robins, sunsets and seashore shots a' flyin' in! Oh, sorry, taking the mickey again but, for balance, I've put up my own photograph of Carrickfergus Castle just to show you we all have our cliché moments!

Anyway, I mention this because it's exactly one year today until an exhibition of my work opens in Manchester. I'm having a show of my Archive photography at The People's History Museum, based on the premise of what it was like to be 'working class' in the 70s. I'm off there this very morning - one year to the opening day - to discuss the details, but I can guarantee you my pretty harbour shot won't get within a million miles of the walls! Still, whatever floats your boat ..  








No comments:

Post a Comment