Tuesday 14 January 2014

Squaresville, Arizona ..



















My Fuji X10 camera has an option on it that allows one to shoot square images and so, suitably inspired by Vivian Maier's 6x6 self-portraits, I've decided to try and shoot a few of my 'snaps' in a square format for a while. (By the way, how do you make the symbol for 2 and a quarter on a keyboard?) Of course, I'm well used to shooting square photographs, as I shot all my Weddings on a Mamiya RZ67 and I've used a Yashicamat for years, but it's nice to rethink one's framing techniques again after a long time with a 'normal' camera, and these four pictures are good examples from the last three days.

My next Wedding Fayre is on the horizon, and this one is the first opportunity to really push The Culcheth Collection in person! Both myself and Decadence Wedding Carriages will be at Statham Lodge in Lymm on Sunday - the Car and Camera parts of The Collection - and we'll be promoting a special offer whereby if any of you lovely brides book us both you'll receive an added 'extra' from each of us! Be there or - ho ho - be square!..

No comments:

Post a Comment