Wednesday 4 September 2013

The Hook Line ..














And so the mystery is solved! I was back working with Hooky yesterday evening - that's Peter Hook of Joy Division fame to the two of you out there that haven't heard of him - and I took along my copy of his book to get it signed. I'd bought it as soon as it came out and hoped I might be mentioned as I feel my little set of pictures of the band do have their place in the history of the group. Well, I am mentioned in the book, but I'm mentioned as - get this - "a very young Martin Ocomin" .. !! Ocomin? Oh, come on! Where the hell did Ocomin come from? Well, I asked him last night. "Eh?" .. he said "Who? What?..." Turns out .. it's a typo! Plain and simple as that! Seems there's apparently at least one line of text missing from the O at the beginning of my surname to where Hooky goes on about "kicking me up the arse and telling me to piss off!!" (One of my claims to fame but answers on a postcard, please, as to what that line might say!) So, anyway, there we are. He emailed the publishers there and then and says they'll have it corrected for the next print run.

After that, he signed the book and then there was nothing left to do but pally up and have a picture taken!..

Oh, he signed it "Thanks for the tip" ..

#culchethstudio
www.studiofivefour.com


No comments:

Post a Comment