Monday 19 August 2013

Yes, I am ..















The Book of Face tells me that today is World Photography Day, a day to "embrace your love of photography"! Now, I don't know if you noticed, but I do that every day! I embrace it, squeeze it, hug it .. squish it 'til its f-stops pop! I just couldn't do without photography in my life and so you'll excuse me if I look down my haughty little nose at the suggestion of having 'a day' of passion for the art! I know I'm lucky, though. Somehow photography found me, circa 1973, and we've skipped through life, hand in hand, ever since! I was talking to a young student who's just off to Uni this September  and asked him what he wanted to do at the end of it. He didn't know! Yoiks! Me? I wanted to be a photographer from the age of 13! Stuck to the plan, persevered and .. well, the rest is history! Here I am in 1981, Olympus XA in hand and wearing my bestest, favouritest jumper! (I still have it! Check it out ..) The good thing about this photograph is that at least two of the other guys are still professional photographers! (I hope Nigel is, too, but I've kinda lost touch with him.) For the first time in a while I was asked the proverbial question last week .. "Are you still a photographer?"  .. as if it's some passing phase and I'll grow up and get a 'proper' job any day now! The answer .. I am so flippin' pleased to say is ..
Yes, I am!...

#culchethstudio
www.studiofivefour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment