Saturday 17 August 2013

Kick - off ..













It's the first day of the football season and, for the second year in a row, I have made a concious decision not to follow the beautiful game. I'm sick of the pansying, overpaid, whining little brats and their pathetic fake-foul roly-polying! So, no footy for me! So there!..

One thing that did kick off last night was my Joy Division/Eccles exhibition at the Deli-Lama cafe in Salford. Many thanks to everyone who came, and to Linda and Lincoln for getting the show off to a great start (So great that I missed my train!)

My picture today's from my Twelve for '13 project - shot in about 1975 on the fields at the back of our 'ouse! I remember there was an electricity pylon in the middle of the running track, and the grass always grew high there because the mowers couldn't get in between the stanchions. As kids we'd see this grass rustling and swaying, and we'd sneak up on a guy from down our street who used to take his latest fling there for a bit of .. well, back o' the net!    


#culchethstudio
www.studiofivefour.com




No comments:

Post a Comment