Wednesday 14 August 2013

Grrrrrrrumpy! ....












Welcome to today's blog! From now on you'll never again need to watch another episode of Grumpy Old Men!
I will fill that space in your life for you!


Question! Why do people go to gigs, wait 'til the band is hitting full stride .. then choose that exact moment to have a good old catch-up chat with their mate? We went to see the B-52's last night, and damned fine they were, too. At least, the bits I could hear were. The two guys bellowing into each other's ear'oles behind me made sure I didn't exactly catch the band at their finest. Oh, and the lady who held up her iPhone to video large parts of the gig made sure I was only able to view a big part of the show through her wobbly bleedin' phone screen! And the grunt and his girlfriend that plonked themselves right in front of Lesley and I half-way through the gig ensured that the bits I might have otherwise seen were suitably obscured, as well! What a world it's becoming! Where did consideration go? Thought for your fellow man? When I got back in the car I gave Lesley an exasperated sigh. "Don't worry..." she said "I know exactly where you're coming from!"

So, I'm a grumpy old man and I yearn for 'the good old days' .. daft as it sounds! I photographed Wilf at the studio yesterday - 85 and still going strong! Look at him! Look at the pride, the manners, the morals, the dignity! I know I've just hit 53 but to Wilf I was still a "youngster" - a description I'm perfectly happy with, by the way! Wilf is the opposite of a grumpy old man! Alright, he was telling me about his tinnitus and his high blood pressure, but they were just minor inconveniences and were in no way stopping him getting on with his life. I envy his calm acceptance ..

Now SHUT UP !!!!!!.........

#culchethstudio
www.studiofivefour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment