Thursday 15 August 2013

Clear sky thinking ..













Today's the day folks! I'm having my hair cut! No, seriously .. this morning, come what may, I'll be shooting 200 people standing in their staff car-park spelling out the name of a new company project! Pray to the Sun-Gods for me, people! Pray! We have 15 minutes - an exact 15 minute window during the morning - when we can take the picture, as the whole firm is shutting down - phone-lines/transport/warehouses -  so that the staff can pile out to take their places in 5 big numbers and letters we're going to map out across the park. Think Halifax advert if you're reading this in the UK! The idea was first mooted by the firm about four months ago and I've already had two visits to the site to check everything out. I'll be three floors up and the scene will - if the sun comes out - be backlit. I just hope I remember to put a film in! 

If you'll allow me one more GOMM (That's Grumpy Old Man Moment, in case you missed yesterday's blog) The Perseids! A veritable feast of shooting stars and meteors! I saw one! One in all that time, and that through the tiniest gap in the cloud that seems to have set in since .. well, since they said let's hope we get clear skies!

You spotting a theme here?
I thought my picture of Ayers Rock - Ooops, Uluru - would set the scene nicely.
Oh, and I am having my hair cut today, too!..

Stop Press: YES!!! 200 people, 15 minutes .. DONE! Thank you, thank you to everyone that prayed to the Sun-Gods this morning! The sun came out with a vengeance and really made the shot come to life! The shoot was a fantastic success and as soon as I get the nod from the company I'll be able to show it to you.
Phew ...

#culchethstudio
www.studiofivefour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment