Thursday 27 June 2013

Smoke & Mirrors ..






















More SEO 'bs' yesterday, with two epsiodes concerning Google to tell you about. Firstly, I was contacted by yet another of those magical 'We can get you up the rankings' companies, whose first line to me was - and I quote - "I was going through the leading sites in your sector when I came across you, and wondered if you’d like a Complimentary Website Review." Hang on! I come up in the 'leading sites'? Isn't that 'Job Done' then? So why do I need my site reviewing if it's, by their own admission, already doing its job?  And, as if to prove it, I was phoned straight afterwards by a company who'd Googled photographers in Warrington, and who've now booked me for a PR job on Friday! Eat yer heart out, complimentary website reviewers!

I was on a PR job the other day - you may have seen the link to some of the pix on Facebook - which was actually in the car park of the company, as it was a motor-cycle training event. In a corner of the car-park was the 'smokers' hut' - the pong-palace where people came out for their fag-breaks. Man, I could not believe the amount of young people coming out for a smoke. It was depressing! Speaking as someone who doesn't have a single friend that smokes, it comes as an ever-more shocking site to see people gathering in huddles to suck shit into their lungs. The message is not getting across, is it?




No comments:

Post a Comment