Saturday 29 June 2013

It never rains, but it pours..






















Full steam ahead today to get the studio ready for the 'paying public' on Monday, but I've just got to tell you about a PR job I shot yesterday afternoon. It wasn't one of the .. erm, more successful jobs I've ever done. The point of the event was plain. It was a cheque presentation to a charity! Simples! But, as so often happens, the company wanted to milk the fact that they had a professional photographer on site by producing a list of 'other' shots they wanted doing at the same time. The staff, the offices, the exterior .. you know, the stuff that's a half day shoot in itself but they want you to knock off in the hour that you are with them. So, to the cheque presentation first. Well, that was 'supposed' to be done with a representative from the charity and a character in a cartoon suit. The guy from the charity had brought the comedy suit .. but no-one to wear it! Great! And the staff shot? Three of the six members were off sick! And the exterior shot? It was hammering down and nobody would go outside. Even a shot of the inside brought its own little frisson of panic. A member of the public we asked to pose in a picture had just come from taking care of two kids with chickenpox! Oh, and I managed to bang my mouth with my camera whilst I was putting it round my neck and had to do all the shots with a bleeding lip! Apart from that, it was a doddle. Oh, for the studio life ..

No comments:

Post a Comment